Join the Bi Women Quarterly team!
We’re looking for an intern who will expand our visibility and reach on social media in the U.S. and globally. It is our hope to increase the number of people who know about this free and accessible resource and widen and further diversify our pool of subscribers and content contributors.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience using Canva and other graphic design tools to create outreach content for Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Knowledge of social media marketing and community building.
- Competency with WordPress to help maintain and improve the Bi Women Quarterly and Bi Women Boston website.
- Organized, and ability to work independently, meet important deadlines, stay in communication and collaborate with the rest of the BWQ team.
- Passion for uplifting the bi+ community and building solidarity in the LGBTQIA+ community!
This work will primarily include:
- Posting on social media
- Creating outreach content
- Administrative duties including email communication and digital organization with spreadsheets and DropBox.
- Direct outreach to other bi+, LGBTQ+ and feminist organizations and service providers in the US and globally
- Researching places to which we can mail complimentary print issues
- Targeted outreach to organizations – bi+, LGBTQ+ and general – serving Black and Brown people, people with disabilities, elders, youth, and other marginalized populations
- Website maintenance and development.
- Other opportunities include: helping produce issues of BWQ and editorial experience.
Intern will report to Robyn Ochs, Editor of Bi Women Quarterly, and Josephine Kelly, Project Manager.
Time Frame: We are looking for someone who can devote approximately 5 – 10 hours per week for a total of 200 hours. Start date is flexible but availability in January 2023 for training is essential. You do not need to live in Boston, though it would be a plus.
Pay range: $16-$20 per hour.
To Apply: Please email your resume, cover letter and two relevant work samples (such as design products including logos, social media graphics, mastheads, layouts for publications or ads, successful social media accounts with exceptional aesthetic, engagement and followers), to Robyn Ochs and Josephine Kelly at email@example.com