At the most recent BBWN brunch, everyone was asked to recommend a book to the group. Below is an amazing genre-hopping list of some very interesting fiction and nonfiction books. Happy summer reading!
- Life is Friends: A Complete Guide to the Lost Art of Connecting in Person, by Jeanne Martinet
- Unaccustomed Earth: Stories, by Jhumpa Lahiri
- Chains, by Laurie Halse Anderson
- Elements of Murder: A History of Poison, by John Emsley
- How to Grow More Vegetables and Fruits (and Nuts, Berries, Grains, and Other Crops) Than You Ever Thought Possible on Less Land Than You Can Imagine, by John Jeavons
- The Eyre Affair: A Thursday Next Series, by Jasper Fforde
- The Company, by Robert Littell
- Case Histories: A Novel, by Kate Atkinson
- Fun Home: a family tragicomedy, by Alison Bechdel
- The Time Traveler’s Wife, by Audrey Niffenegger
- Words Under the Words: Selected Poems, by Naomi Shihab Nye
- No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency, by Alexander McCall Smith
- Are You My Mother?, by P.D. Eastman
- Life & Fate, by Vasily Grossman
And of course… the second edition of Getting Bi: Voices from Around the World, edited by Robyn Ochs and Sarah Rowley, which is due out in June and can be ordered at biresource.net.